Less than four years ago, a Juniper Research study estimated that cybercrime would cost businesses $2.1 trillion globally by 2019.
By 2017, they had increased their predictions to a whopping $8 trillion cost by 2022, when they surmised that 5 billion personal data records would be stolen.
By 2018, they increased their predictions to 12 billion stolen records, and they forecasted that 33 billion records would be stolen in 2023 alone.
Their research also repeatedly states that the U.S. will experience more than half of all global cyberattacks.
Here’s the chilling takeaway for all those numbers: cybercrime is on the rise, especially for U.S. businesses, which means it’s time for you to secure your company. SWK Network Services is here to help with an in-depth ebook, “The Essential Cybersecurity Toolkit for SMBs.” Download your copy of the ebook now.
Reading into the Cybercrime Numbers
When we read into the evolving trends listed above, we can surmise that:
- Cybercrime is exponentially worse than the experts can predict
- Criminals will probably steal a lot more than 33 billion records by 2023, and cybercrime costs will probably well exceed $8 trillion by that point
- U.S. businesses, including yours, stand to lose a total of $4 trillion in 5 years, resulting from cybercrime damages
To make your stand against cybercrime and to secure your company, you need helpful, actionable, and easy-to-follow directions that will make it a breeze to set up a solid cybersecurity training program for your employees and engage workers with ongoing information sharing that keeps your business security top of mind.
The ebook guide, newly available from SWK Network Services, is exactly the resource you need to accomplish those goals.
What’s in the Ebook?
To effectively combat cybercrime, you’ll need a clear understanding of what it is, how it works, and what helps you prevent it. The ebook, “The Essential Cybersecurity Toolkit for SMBs,” provides you with all the information you need to set up your cybersecurity campaign and to keep it going over the long term.
The ebook includes:
- A clear definition of what cybersecurity is and why it matters
- Easy-to-understand examples of the leading cyber scam methods, including callouts of red flags to look for
- Explanations of the 5 top social engineering scams happening today
- Tips and tricks for training your employees to appropriately respond to cyber scams
- A breakdown of the range of tools modern businesses need to secure their technology (including the #1 solution for cybersecurity protection)
- An in-depth cybersecurity checklist that helps you identify and remedy vulnerabilities
- Suggestions for where to get additional resources when training your team
In short, the ebook will help you develop your cybersecurity strength, so you can avoid and withstand the growing threat of cybercrime that’s hitting U.S. businesses of all sizes.
Stay prepared to defend your business from cybercrime when you access the ebook, “The Essential Cybersecurity Toolkit for SMBs.”