Because GROWTH companies face the dilemma of needing professional grade IT support but can’t reasonably afford to invest in all of the tools, software and staff that requires is exactly why we created a NEW solution we call co-managed IT.
In short, co-managed IT is a way for CEOs of growing companies to get the helping hands, specialized expertise and IT management and automation tools they need WITHOUT the cost and difficulty of finding, managing and retaining a large IT staff OR investing in expensive software tools.
This is NOT about taking over your IT leader’s job or replacing your IT department.
It’s also NOT a one-off project-based relationship where an IT company would limit their support to an “event” and then leave your team behind to try and support it (or give you the option to pay them big bucks afterwards to keep it working).
It’s also NOT just monitoring your network for alarms and problems, which still leaves your IT department to scramble and fix them.
It IS a flexible partnership where we customize a set of on-going services and software tools specific to the needs of your IT person or department that fills in the gaps, supports their specific needs and gives you far superior IT support and services at a much lower cost.
Here are just a few of the reasons why CEOs of similar-sized companies are moving to a co-managed approach:
- We don’t replace your IT staff; we make them BETTER. By filling in the gaps and assisting them, giving them best-in-class tools and training and freeing them to more proactive and strategic, we make them FAR more productive for you. As an added bonus, THEY won’t get burned out, frustrated and leave.
- You don’t have to add to your head count. Let’s face it: overhead walks on two legs. Plus, finding, hiring and retaining TOP talent is brutally difficult. With co-managed IT, you don’t have the cost, overhead or risk of a big IT team and department. We don’t take vacations or sick leave. You won’t lose us to maternity leave or an illness, or because we have to relocate with our spouse or we’ve found a better job.
- “9-1-1” on-site. In the unexpected event your IT leader was unable to perform their job OR if a disaster were to strike, we could instantly provide support to prevent the wheels from falling off.
- You get a TEAM of smart, experienced IT pros. No one IT person can know it all. Because you’re a co-managed IT client, your IT lead will have access to a deep bench of expertise to figure out the best solution to a problem, to get advice on a situation or error they’ve never encountered before and to help decide what technologies are most appropriate for you (without having to do the work of investigating them ALL).
- You’ll stop worrying (or worry less!) about falling victim to a major cyber-attack, outage or data-erasing event. We can assist your IT leader in implementing next-gen cyber security protections to prevent or significantly mitigate the damages of a ransomware attack or security breach. We can also assist in providing end-user awareness training and help you initiate controls to prevent employees from doing things that would compromise the security and integrity of your network and data. CRITICAL MAINTENANCE WILL BE DONE.
Scenarios Where Co-Managed IT Just Makes Sense
Scenario 1: Your in-house IT staff is better served working on high-level strategic projects and initiatives but needs support in getting day-to-day tasks completed, such as troubleshooting various problems that arise, providing help-desk resources to your employees, software upgrades, data backup and maintenance, etc.
Scenario 2: Your in-house IT person is excellent at help-desk and end-user support, but doesn’t have the expertise in advanced cyber security protection, server maintenance, cloud technologies, compliance regulations, etc. As in scenario 1, we let them handle what they do best and fill in the areas where they need assistance.
Scenario 3: A company is in rapid expansion and needs to scale up IT staff and resources quickly. This is another situation where our flexible support services can be brought in to get you through this phase as you work to build your internal IT department.
Scenario 4: You have an excellent IT team, but they could be far more efficient if they had the professional-grade software tools we use to be more organized and efficient, along with our help desk. We can give them the tools, configure them for your organization and train them on how to use them. These tools will show you, the CEO, the workload they are processing and how efficient they are (we call it utilization).
Scenario 5: You have a robust in-house IT department but need on-site support and help for a remote location or branch office.